Nutmeg Afghan Hound Club, Inc.
First and Foremost for the Betterment of the Breed
|Constitution & By-Laws
REVISED April 1992
ARTICLE III DIRECTORS and OFFICERS
SECTION 1. BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The Board shall be comprised of the PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, RECORDING SECRETARY, CORRESPONDING SECRETARY,' TREASURER, AND 5 (five) other persons all of whom shall be elected for one year terms at the Club's annual meeting as provided in Article IV and shall serve until their successors are elected. General Management of the Club's affairs shall be entrusted to the Board of Directors.
SECTION 2. OFFICERS. The Club's Officers, consisting of the PRESIDENT, VICE-PRESIDENT, RECORDING SECRETARY, CORRESPONDING SECRETARY and TREASURER shall serve in their respective capacities both with regard to the Club and it's meeting.
SECTION 3. VACANCIES. Any vacancies occurring on the Board or among the Officers during the year shall be filled until the next Annual Election by a majority vote of all the then members following the creation of such vacancy, or at a Special Board Meeting called for that purpose; except that a vacancy of the PRESIDENT shall be filled automatically by the VICE-PRESIDENT, and the resulting vacancy in the office of the VICE PRESIDENT shall be filled by the Board.
- The PRESIDENT shall preside at all meetings of the Club and of the Board, and shall have the duties and powers normally appurtenant to the Office of President in addition to those particularly specified in these By-Laws.
- The VICE-PRESIDENT shall have the duties and exercise the power of the President in case of the President's death, absence or incapacity.
- The RECORDING SECRETARY shall keep a record of all meetings of the Club and of the Board and of all matters of which a record shall be ordered.
- The CORRESPONDING SECRETARY shall have charge of the correspondence, new members of their election to membership, notify Officers and Directors of their election to Office, keep a roll of the members of the Club with their addresses, and carry out such other duties as are prescribed in these By-Laws.
- The TREASURER shall collect and receive all moneys due or belonging to the Club. The Treasurer shall deposit the same in a bank designated by the Board, in the name of the Club. The book shall at all times be open to inspection by the Board. The Treasurer shall give a full report at every meeting on the conditions of the Club's finances and every item of receipt or payment not before reported; and at the annual meeting he/she shall render an account of all moneys received and expended during the previous fiscal year.
- The offices of RECORDING SECRETARY, CORRESPONDING SECRETARY AND TREASURER may be held by the same person in which case the Board shall be comprised of the Officers and 6 (six) other persons.
Previous Page - - - Next Page
|To report errors, broken links, or other problems with this page, contact: Webmaster
Unpublished Work - © Nutmeg Afghan Hound Club, Inc. 2009